11 Paths Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crafting (weapons,armor and accesories)

3 posters

Go down

crafting (weapons,armor and accesories) Empty crafting (weapons,armor and accesories)

Post  Combat Womble Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:09 am

with crafting if it is deemed a success on a roll, how is the Cap determined for the perticular item, would it be based on that persons level or higher if its a crit success? or is it based on something else?...
Combat Womble
Combat Womble
JUST NO, DAMNIT!

Back to top Go down

crafting (weapons,armor and accesories) Empty Something else

Post  Aidan Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:50 am

Naturally, you describe the item you want to build first. The player sets the cap by giving the GM the stats for the item, the GM THEN tells the player to roll, the roll to succeed is based on the level of the item, not vice versa.
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

crafting (weapons,armor and accesories) Empty Re: crafting (weapons,armor and accesories)

Post  Scott Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:40 pm

IIdea for determining the required DC

Determine TL of Device to the TL of setting aka If I was trying to make a Flintlock pistol in a 1600's game then I'm one TL away from the setting which is reasonable (If I tried making a fully automatic rail gun then that's a nono) and so lets say that’s a 3 2 for the technological part and 1 for the advanced Tech part

Determine the size of the device since this a technological device the smaller it is the higher the modifier since the smaller size needs a more delicate system though this could be removed in a different TL of course or could be increased if we went backwards with the TL
Extremely Large Mon's Meg -3 (Google up Mon's Meg you'll s%#t bricks trust me)
Large Cannon - -2
Big Aqubus - -1
Medium Musket - 0
Pistol - 1
Tiny Derringer - 2

Quality of Weapon
Superb Quality - Condotti's personal pistol 3
Quality - Knight/Dragoon Pistol 2
Average - Hunter/Farmer firearm 1
Rank n File - Mass produced hand gun -1
Sloppy - Raider's scrap gun -2

Special features to weapon
I say 2-3 for every special feature

Time intended to use to make weapon
2 hours 4
5 hours 3
1 Day 2
3 Days 1
1 Week 0

Facilities used
Non 4
Improvised 3
Shabby 2
Run of the Mill 1
Good 0
Superb -1
State of the Art -2

so basically
TL+Size+Quality+Features+Facilties+????= DC so for my pistol my poor gunsmith in his shabby hut making a average Snaphause Pistol which is a TL below the current standard of firearm within the Day has a required DC of 8

Scott
The Angry Gamer

Back to top Go down

crafting (weapons,armor and accesories) Empty Re: crafting (weapons,armor and accesories)

Post  Aidan Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:56 pm

Little too easy. Besides, each weapon made by a person needs to be custom. The stats of the weapon determine the difficulty. I say for every 6cc worth of effect the item has, the DiceChallenge rises by about 3, so your low-tech pistol built in a shabby hut, say it has a basix 12 points of cc (1D6+4 damage) like any standard level 1 weapon, its DC would be more like 14, which for a well statted craftsman should be fairly easy.

Now say that he wanted to tighten the mechanism, and add low explosive ammo to the mix (perhaps (1D6x2)+8 damage, total cc woth of 36cc) thus giving it a DC of 26 (8 plus six lots of the +3 from the cc value) which is a little hard for a low level craftsman.

In any case, depending on the GM, the system by which he/she works out difficulty can vary as the GM pleases.
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down