11 Paths Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thief AKA Pickpocket

2 posters

Go down

Thief AKA Pickpocket Empty Thief AKA Pickpocket

Post  Combat Womble Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:23 am

this hasnt realy been discussed much other than "it needs to be changed", here are the stats for them

Synergies
+2 modifier to Slight of Hand Mundane Skill
+1 modifier to Stealth Mundane Skill
+1 modifier to Parry Mundane Skill
+1 modifier to Counter Weapon Skill
-2 to Ranged (base) HUD stat
-3 to Melee (base) HUD stat

right, too point out, Counter (one of their bonuses) is being counteracted by that -3 melee (in other words, +1 parry skill, but that -3 melee makes that bonus into a -2 Counter) the only thing i can think of for this is to allow players to select from a set list of skill and have a max of +5/-5 in synergys
Combat Womble
Combat Womble
JUST NO, DAMNIT!

Back to top Go down

Thief AKA Pickpocket Empty Re: Thief AKA Pickpocket

Post  XionAstra Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Personally I think that each base class should have a list of skills that can be picked to have an advantage or disadvantage in, since not all player examples of a class are carbon copy.
I think the +5 -5 system was a reasonable way of balancing, though I think the option to have a variable total of Advantage and Disadvatage, as long as it isn't min-maxing to the extreeme should also be allowed. Obviously a character should have equal advantages and disadvantages.
Below are my suggestions for possible selectable advantages (disadvantages would likely depend on the character concept).

Fighter: Physical Attribute/Caps, Acrobatics, Balance, Charge, Parry, Power Attack, Melee Weapon Skills
Pickpocket: DEX, SWA, MAN, Acrobatics, Aim, Distract, Dual Weild, Slight of Hand, Stealth, One-Handed Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons
Guardian: STR, PHY, Balance, Distract, Parry, Power Attack
Scout: DEX, KNO, SWA, Artillery, Craft_, Distract, Focus, Lore_, Medical, Perception, Stealth, Ranged Weapons
Mercenary: Any
Tradesman: KNO, SWA, MAN, Chant, Diplomacy, ESP, Focus, Lore_, Medical, Music, Magic Skills

Note that I'm rounding out general roles. Fighter: Melee expert, Pickpocket: Ranged/Light Melee Weapons, Scout: Ranged, Tradesman: Magic. My only concerns are that I couldn't think of many skills that Guardian would viably have an advantage in without possibly branching too wide, also that Mercenary should have some skills they can't have a bonus in even if they are the Jack-of-all-trades.
XionAstra
XionAstra
Fateweaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Combat Womble Tue May 12, 2009 10:31 am

yeah though dont forget to take into consideration that certain classes have higher hp, which gives classes like traders (+6 hp, and taking into consideration fighters +10 hp or guardians +12hp) a realy bad disadvantage, perhapes also a system where the lower hp starting classses get more skill points for the start (since the hp + is accumulative with each level you gain untill you change to your advance class)
Combat Womble
Combat Womble
JUST NO, DAMNIT!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum