11 Paths Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wayfinders statisical bonuses

3 posters

Go down

wayfinders statisical bonuses Empty wayfinders statisical bonuses

Post  Combat Womble Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:52 am

wayfinder has the ability to get the statistical bonus

(from the pdf book)

Wayfinders can take the statistical benefits of any other
Evolution they meet the requirements for instead of their own when they gain a level.
This does not include class abilities and specific skills (such as Corsairs’ MDM or
Paladins’ Curative Magic). So for example, a level 10 Wayfinder who meets Monk
requirements could ignore the ‘Grants:’ listed below, and take +1 Melee, 2 Skill
Points and 5 Skill Points for the listed skills (see Monk) when they adjust for their
level up.

----------

would this include the health bonus from other clases?
Combat Womble
Combat Womble
JUST NO, DAMNIT!

Back to top Go down

wayfinders statisical bonuses Empty Re: wayfinders statisical bonuses

Post  Aidan Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:01 am

Unfortunately, no. I didn't want their ability to give them too much leeway for cruising other classes. So it is restricted to the "Grants:" statistical bonuses. And of course, the not-getting of the special class skills.

I might make them a specific list of Wayfinder-only class-cruising bonuses, that they can choose from each level. 13 special "Grants:" stats for Wayfinders.

How does that sound? I think it's a little more fair that way since some other classes spend many of their "Grants:" in class specific skills.
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  Combat Womble Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 am

sounds more than fair, its just something me and xion where discussing over msn
Combat Womble
Combat Womble
JUST NO, DAMNIT!

Back to top Go down

Post  XionAstra Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 am

Sounds like a good idea... since some classes like the seige an paladin have points put into class specifc magics. I'd suggest instead for those that those points go into a magic skill of their choice. Patch craft could be changed to any Craft:(skill) and Obsidian Master could either have more skill points or allow low level summoning (sprite level only).

Looks like wayfinder will be one of those constant rule changing classes...
XionAstra
XionAstra
Fateweaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:54 am

I am decidedly against the whole summoning idea. Besides, if they try hard enough they can summon through magic. None of the class-specific powers and abilities get transferred in, especially not Obsidians, since their power is solely based on their trial and sacrifice. Naturally, Obsidian master is about the only class a Wayfinder can't Class-surf into, due to requirements.
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  XionAstra Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:39 am

I thought summoning through magic was Evoker only... oh well, if it isn't evoker only then this is an interesting thing to know...

Also I had forgotten that the requirements for Obsidian Master would be near impossible to achieve unless they had been moving towards the class in the first place.
XionAstra
XionAstra
Fateweaver

Back to top Go down

wayfinders statisical bonuses Empty Evokers

Post  Aidan Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:12 am

Will be a part of the Obsidian masters rulebook, they are almost as complicated as OMs anyway. Evokers cast magic in the same way as any mage, only while they do it, they can summon a temporary pet at the same time. So unlike OMs getting skills for their character through channelling spirits, or other mages making a 10 round effort at Ritual Summoning a lesser Sprite, an Evoker gets a free Sprite summon every fight, and in higher levels, Djinn as well. The downside is they don't control the Spirit, it is free-willed. OMs channel spirits and get complete control. Mages summoning through ritual get limited control, but the summons don't always stick around the whole fight.
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum