11 Paths Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most important new feature

3 posters

Go down

Choose the one you want to see in the book

Most important new feature Vote_lcap0%Most important new feature Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Most important new feature Vote_lcap100%Most important new feature Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 4

Most important new feature Empty Most important new feature

Post  Aidan Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:51 am

Make your decision. I want to get a 1.0 together, and I don't think I can do that by my self-set deadline unless I drop one of these two optional rulesets from the final version.

So either choose Stat Adjustments for Non-Humans (Races optional rules)

Or a system allowing the characters to spend points based on reputation to incur bonuses or allow rerolls etc (Divine Affinity rules)
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Most important new feature Empty Re: Most important new feature

Post  XionAstra Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Divine Affinity in my oppinion is more important to implement for these 2 reasons:

1. There is bound to be some point in the campaign where something gets screwed up so bad against a player that didn't really deserve it (example: a character gets extraordinarily bad luck with the dice rolls at the critical stage of a well thought out plan), and without a way to allow the characters to have a second chance at escaping their untimely demise there is a major risk of damaging plot. Now this isn't to say that no character should die, hell if they are trying something stupid they deserve the death of that character.

2. Racial stats can wait, so far the usage of different races has been handled fine without rules. It is assumed that most roleplayers will be playing as a race because it will fit best for the role (Human all-rounder, Ogre physical powerhouse, ect.) and so for the moment racial modifications will prolly just slow character creation and leveling up.

That's all I have to say on this for now.
XionAstra
XionAstra
Fateweaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Combat Womble Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:25 pm

i have to agree with xion, the racial stats can wait since not everyone has been a different race, divine affinity sounds like something that would be used more often and would be more usefull to other players and would make religous base characters to have more of an appeal
Combat Womble
Combat Womble
JUST NO, DAMNIT!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum