11 Paths Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a shower

4 posters

Go down

I need a shower Empty I need a shower

Post  Scott Wed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

Because wizard's of the coast has just taken a massive s%#t on me and the thosands of other DnD fans, you wanna know why? well I don't care if you don't wanna know cause your gonna know!

For starters lets get this stright for 4 edtion DnD wizards wanted to do this -
Making gaming easier over the net with a built in updated system
Slightly streamlined and smoother gameplay
Less number crunching and more fun
greater depth and character customization

all of these are good concepts but sadly I've just had a read through the Players handbook this is what I've got!

Want to play orignal DnD? well f%#k YOU fans of the orignal!
Classes removed are Monk's, sorcerers, Barbarians, Druids, Bards
Races removed are Half orc's and Gnome's gnomes can be played but you gotta play them with lesser stats and you gotta buy the monster mannuel
New races are! two types of elves! Demon tainted Tieflings! and Dragon blooded! thats right f%#k that classic hero concept we're going into MMORPG territories now! nothing but stat bonuses!
speaking of nothing but stat bonuses it's all super high numbers now at level 1 to make you feel more powerful but really this problem can be solved with any rpg with the gm leveling the stats of characters still feel this £20 was worth it?
well how about this! as to make this s%#t a bigger pile of s%#t we're gonna make it even better by bringing out the players handbook 2 so if you wanted to play DnD n not world of warcraft the rpg then shell out another £60 for the new monster mannuel Players handbook and Dungeon master guide! and even then we'll still be putting more "if you want this rule then you gotta buy this book thats soon to be released!"

What can i say? alot of things to be honest some of them in french and HTML but thats how far my langauage barrier goes, as for DnD 4e? no avoid it guys really avoid it this isn't an rpg it's WoW the table top game theirs no customization it's "make a choice and its all done with no other imput for you" along with hasbro who are milking every penny out of this they can, so I applaud em cause they just killed DnD for what it was and what it stood for.

Dungeons and Dragon built on Money sucking hasbro, WoW fan kids and Gary Gygax's grave I prey for the fantasy roleplaying genere i really do...

Scott
The Angry Gamer

Back to top Go down

I need a shower Empty Re: I need a shower

Post  XionAstra Thu May 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Well lets see what we have here...

Races removed are Half orc's and Gnome's gnomes can be played but you gotta play them with lesser stats and you gotta buy the monster mannuel
New races are! two types of elves! Demon tainted Tieflings! and Dragon blooded! thats right f%#k that classic hero concept we're going into MMORPG territories now! nothing but stat bonuses!
Seriously, who needs another two types of elves, the only 2 traditional elf races in D&D are elf and drow, and even then most of the time they were the same bonus-wise just with different skills.
Demon-tainted eh? can't that just be solved with an allignment change instead of a freaking new race? And great (sarcasm here), players can now emulate the entire Breath of Fire series and be dragonblooded. I seriously hope that GM's know what they are getting into should they allow a character to be one or else their campaign could end up in a wreck quite quickly.
Seriously, what is with the Gnome hate? they are out of their minds here, buffing every race and hitting Gnomes with the nerf hammer.

speaking of nothing but stat bonuses it's all super high numbers now at level 1 to make you feel more powerful but really this problem can be solved with any rpg with the gm leveling the stats of characters still feel this £20 was worth it?
Looks like some ppl are trying to get this to be the new exalted. If they are buffing the characters they better make the challenge ratings higher or else things will just be too easy.

well how about this! as to make this s%#t a bigger pile of s%#t we're gonna make it even better by bringing out the players handbook 2 so if you wanted to play DnD n not world of warcraft the rpg then shell out another £60 for the new monster mannuel Players handbook and Dungeon master guide! and even then we'll still be putting more "if you want this rule then you gotta buy this book thats soon to be released!"
Typical corporate stunt to suck up as much money as possible, I hate it, you hate it, everyone hates it, but it won't stop them from doing it.

Dungeons and Dragon built on Money sucking hasbro, WoW fan kids and Gary Gygax's grave I prey for the fantasy roleplaying genere i really do...
I'm praying too that a better system comes out... oh wait a minute...

...and that's my 2D6...
XionAstra
XionAstra
Fateweaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Thu May 29, 2008 5:23 pm

The member 'XionAstra' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D6' : 5, 4
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Fri May 30, 2008 6:08 pm

XionAstra wrote:
Typical corporate stunt to suck up as much money as possible, I hate it, you hate it, everyone hates it, but it won't stop them from doing it.
This is why indy publishers like burning wheel, aidan, dogs in the vineyard are becoming more popular

Scott
The Angry Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:48 am

Aidan wrote:The member 'XionAstra' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D6' : 5, 4

Something fishy is going on here...

particularly the kind of something fishy where I was never online on Thursday 29 May this year, and particularly didn't visit the 11paths forums for well over a week before today...

...who shoe-elfed my account?
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  XionAstra Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:02 am

...who shoe-elfed my account?

Methinks the command to roll dice that has replaced the button is responsible for that...

Let's see... rolls 2d6...
Confirmation wil be below, if Aid's post appears at the same time as mine, then we know the new 'Dice Roll' functions posts the result under his name.
XionAstra
XionAstra
Fateweaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:02 am

The member 'XionAstra' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D6' : 1, 4
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:54 am

wow Aidan your now our puppet to control!

Scott
The Angry Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:19 am

>.> xD Aidan? a puppet? i bet it dont work for me >.>

rolls 2d6

^^Testing

Ben
aluBen the Nebula

Back to top Go down