11 Paths Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

point blank

4 posters

Go down

point blank Empty point blank

Post  Combat Womble Wed May 21, 2008 5:56 pm

well hearing the new rule i spotted something that might be interesting, first of all how far away untill its deemed point blank?... second (and last) With Ranger Ascension trait does this effectively double the point blank range?

-----------------------
Trait: Eagleye – At any point in combat, a Ranger may halve their speed and double
their effective attack range for D6 rounds. After the D6 rounds, they may activate
Eagleye again, halving their speed again (E.g. 30>15>7) and rounding down.
-----------------------

i know it may not seem much, but it may come to a point where ranger is enough spaces away to auto hit without accuring and Attack of Oppotunity
Combat Womble
Combat Womble
JUST NO, DAMNIT!

Back to top Go down

point blank Empty Re: point blank

Post  XionAstra Wed May 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Firstly I would like to think that 'point blank' range is determined by the range of the weapon. And also that ranged weapons range is dependant on the character's base speed and not current speed (otherwise Eagle Eye Shot is useless).
On that point, EES seems to be more for the people that like to snipe from long distances... For example:
While the main party keeps the enemies occupied, the cannonmaster/ranger moves the the rooftop of a nearby building, activates EES and can now attack the enemy for a few rounds with increased security as the enemy must move closer to hit or have ranged abilities. In the worst case this allows the cannonmaster to be in a place where it will take a few rounds to get to, thus allowing some extra time to set up ambushes and/or traps whilst said enemy is in transit.
XionAstra
XionAstra
Fateweaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Combat Womble Wed May 21, 2008 7:05 pm

though also i think two handed ranged weapons perhapes should have a further base ranged, mainly since i think a rifle should be able to hit a target further away than a pistol should
Combat Womble
Combat Womble
JUST NO, DAMNIT!

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Thu May 22, 2008 3:28 pm

If their close enought to see down the end of the barrel their close enough for pointblank range

Scott
The Angry Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aidan Thu May 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Once I have the specific rule for Point Blank incorporated, point blank will be if a melee combatant is WITHIN the 5ft radius around the target, one handed melee weapons need to be within this range to attack, two handers and polearms can be just over 10ft, so shooting a melee combatant who wields a 2h weapon won't evoke an attack of opportunity. Triggered 2h is going to have some specific options when I incorporate the weapons traits.

Eagle Eye shot does not effect Point Blank, EES enhances the effective MAXIMUM range for a ranged weapon, this includes if the weapon itself already enhances it (Ranged or Sniping modifiers for example).
Aidan
Aidan
Lord of Castle Nimbus
Lord of Castle Nimbus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum